Saturday, February 11, 2012

Password Journal on Lock-down

Hi Everyone, it's Robyn here today.  This month I've been busily creating these handy little password journals.  They measure 3 3/4" x 2 1/4" and fit nicely into a shirt pocket, handbag  or small desk space.  Now, you would want to use discretion with these when storing sensitive passwords depending on your circumstances but they work great for all of the groups, sites and blogs that we seem to find ourselves needing to recall log-in information for.  Great for the kiddos, too!

Here is what I came up with...

I've used an Articus Studio mold called Key to My Heart, Large to create the heart-shaped lock and key.  I added my Creative Paperclay into the mold and left it to dry overnight.  I then painted the lock and key using pink acrylic paint and then dry brushed on some vintage white acrylic paint.


 This is what the inside pages look like.  I just typed it up on my computer using Microsoft Word.
 Then used my Bind-it-all to create the book

 The label for the front were also created on my computer.  I then used a die to cut out the label.

Here is the inside of the assembled book...

 This is a fun, quick project and make great little gifts.  Hope you give them a try!


This is the mold that I used to create my Creative Paperclay lock and key charms.

Thanks for stopping by today!  Hope you have a fabulous weekend!

Happy Creating,
Robyn



5 comments:

Melanie Statnick said...

So cute! This is a crafty Idea, I'm always wondering where to store all my passwords.

AJsArts said...

That is beautiful :) I really need one of those!

Sandra Strait said...

What a fantastic project! I'm always forgetting passwords!

Pat said...

What a great idea! Though one I make would never be as nice as yours, it's a great jumping off point for me. Thanks.

Shirley said...

Robyn, this is simply wonderful. You did such a professional job! I really need to make one of these! I just hope mine will turn out as nice.
Can't wait to see your next creation! :0)