Sunday, March 25, 2012

Mosiac Tiles



Happy weekend!  Today I have a card I created by making Mosaic tiles with paperclay.  I pressed a rolled sheet of paperclay in an embossing folder and then cut the squares/tiles out.  While it was drying I had it pressed in between two boards...this helped it not to warp during the drying process. 



Once the tiles were dry.  I painted them and once the paint was dried I rubbed the raised surface design with Inka Gold paste.  I think the tiles give the card a very dramatic feel. 

I hope you get a chance to create some this weekend.

Hugs,
Lori


2 comments:

Shirley said...

What a lovely piece! I couldn't agree with you more about brushing the tiles with the gold. It really adds the WOW FACTOR! Great Job!

Cindy said...

What lovely tiles you created! It's just so easy to use the paperclay for many different things isn't it?