Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Scrapbook Embellishments by Lynda

My first love was card making - buying every stamp I could from 1990 until I moved back home.  I think at one time I counted and I had over $6000 worth of stamp sets easily!  Over the years I learned I only needed a few that could do the trick!  This was in Colorado - then I moved back home in 1997 to Salt Lake City Utah...Scrapbooking heaven!  Where the magazines are at, or a lot of them anyway...  A lot of the manufacturers are there - and sales... oh you have no idea when they have their warehouse sales the stuff you leave with!!! 
I have recently started working with clay products - and to say I am hooked is an understatement!  Also being in temporary quarters for just a bit longer - makes it so I can't do a lot of the fun things I have planned for you until we actually are in our own place!!!  
This project is a vertical paper bag album, with this for the cover!  I used Creative Paperclay product and a mold I have to create the flower!  This is actually one of my favorite flowers now, along with a daisy I painted and embossed...  For the flower, I painted it with two different colors I had of Radiant Pearls paint and then let dry!  This is the paint I happen to have...use what you have!  I am still experimenting with what can be done with this awesome stuff!  
Here are some things I will recommend for you to work with this clay:
  • Make sure your hands and surface is clean - using gloves if you have them.  Since I do not, I make sure I have a dry towel (or paper towel) and wash cloth available to wash my hands and surface often.  
  • After you open your package up - make sure you have a big enough Ziploc style bag to put the rest in.  This way it is nice for you to have your clay in one place and not exposed to dry out.  
  • Look for something to put all the stuff you are working with in one place.  This way you can take it someplace if you have to wait for a long period of time.  A clear shoe box is perfect for this reason!  
  • Look through this blog's previous posts - to see the different things you can do with this clay if you are just starting out!  Take the time like I did and learn all the fun things you are able to do with this fun stuff!!!  
Thank you for checking out my project and a few tips today!  You can check out the entire project at Memories in Tyme blog, just scroll down on the right side - looking for the Vertical Paper Bag Album links!  This was one of my funnest albums done so far!  I really like how the flower looks on top of the bow - which made me think of a few other fun ideas I can do using this clay and mold!!!  I hope you are enjoying it as much as I am!!!  

Thanks for stopping by,

Lynda Jeffs
Creative Paperclay Design Team

 

1 comment:

Barbara Rankin said...

Love your paper bag album, and especially your paperclay® flower embellishment. It really adds to the bow.