Friday, October 18, 2013

October Tip from Rachel Whetzel

One of the things I love about  Creative Paperclay®, is how quickly it dries on low heat in the oven. Once in a while, though, I like to create molds for my  Creative Paperclay®. Lots of us here on the  Creative Paperclay® team like to use the clay in molds. Thing is, the clay doesn't dry as well when it's smooooshed up against a non porous surface. My solution is to use Amazing Mold Putty when I make my molds, which can be heated up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. That way, I can heat my paper like I do when I DON'T mold pieces... and my mold won't melt. Being able to heat your mold helps your clay dry in a timely manner, and makes for speedier projects so that this:
Can become THIS, with very little wait time. 

3 comments:

Susan at TheBoredZombie.com said...

Very nice!

Tarnished Rose said...

I've really got to get some of that mold putty AND start using my Paperclay!

Marilyn

Mrs Pretzel said...

Do it, Marilyn!! Thanks, Susan!