Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Lynda's March Tips

I love working with Creative Paperclay - I especially like easy projects that don't have a lot of instructions for me to get lost in - that can be completed in little time!  I have also been using a lot of the Delight Air Modeling Compound, for many different reasons!  So, when deciding what type of "stuff" you want to work with where your creation is concerned, keep in mind the following:
  • If you want your project to be more lightweight - use Delight. 
  • If you want your project to be more sturdy - use Creative Paperclay.
  • If you want your project to be able to be painted - use Creative Paperclay.
  • If you want your project to dry quickly - use Delight.
  • Delight is more "pure white" where Creative Paperclay dries white.
Now, make sure you check out the Creative Paperclay web site, to order your product.  Or - grab a coupon to your local craft store and pick it up there for a bit cheaper!  Keep in mind - if your project is not turning out the way you would like it to - and you are just in the molding stage, simply roll the piece you did wrong in to a ball and try it again!  No need in throwing anything away!   Keep your clay in an airtight Ziploc brand baggie, I keep mine in individual colors I have mixed up!  
Most importantly, have fun with this fun stuff!  I can't wait to share with you the fun projects I am working on for Easter - and some scrapbook projects too!   Oh and how can I forget an altered box that holds my cat's treats in them, with their paw prints on the Delight Air Modeling Compound now can I!!!  Make sure you check my blog for a few extra projects the next few months that won't be on the blog here!  
Thanks for stopping by, 
Lynda Jeffs
Creative Paperclay Design Team 
and Memories in Tyme 

No comments: