Thursday, January 22, 2015

Spring is Coming

I know spring's coming but not soon enough for me. I am like the bird in this assemblage, waiting for the first hints of the earth coming to life again. I like the idea of aging in a circle rather than on a continuous line. This piece was a case where so little was needed for the story to be complete.

Supplies
Creative Paperclay®
Acrylic Paint
Assemblage base




This assemblage consists of a broken ceramic bird, hurricane lamp's wick cover, and a twig from my yard glued together with resin clay.
















It needed Creative Paperclay® buds and leaves to tell the full story. Not much, just a little. When dry, it was painted with acrylics.

It now sits on my desk waiting for spring.

Darlene Olivia McElroy
darleneoliviamcelroy.com

No comments: