Monday, March 23, 2015

Shari's Tip of the Month

Good Morning!

Today I wanted to show you a few tips when adding Creative Paperclay® to a pre-made paper mache' piece.



Paper Mache' Bunny




 Break off small pieces of clay and press it between your fingers making it very thin.










Add the clay to the paper mache' by pressing it on the piece and smoothing it out with a very small amount of water. Make sure to always have water on hand when working with Creative Paperclay®.

You will also need a damp rag or paper towel to keep your fingertips clean. If your fingertips are not clean when attaching the clay it will stick to the clay on your finger instead of the piece.














Once dry you are ready to use your creativity and finish any way you want.
















I hope these tips were helpful. Now go and enjoy creating a one of a kind piece made by you!

Shari



I have been creating art for as long as I can remember. I studied graphic design in Portland, Oregon before moving to Denton, Texas and putting all my focus on creating mixed media art. In addition to being on the Creative Paperclay design team, I am a contributor for the Robin's Nest Design Team, an article writer for Mixed Media Art, and a blogger for DecoArt.
I strongly believe in giving back. I volunteer at Scrap Denton Creative Reuse Center where I teach workshops, art camps, and perform art demos. I am very passionate about mixed media art and enjoy helping and watching others discover their creativity. 




Join me on my creative journey at My Altered life on Facebook and over at  My Altered Life blog

3 comments: