Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Tori's Tip for April - Check your mailbox for FREE Craft Supplies!


Some people might hate getting "junk mail", but I always look forward to my fresh batch of craft supplies!  I can use the paper for paper maché, either in strips or after it has been through the shredder, and use the windows from the envelopes, shiny advertisements, etc. for collages or embellishments.  My most favorite junk mail gifts though, are the great tools that come disguised as credit cards.  There are many uses for them just as they are; smoothing clay, spreading glue or paint, scraping or using as a spatula when clay sticks, smoothing repairs of fresh clay onto dry, and slicing clay rolls, but they can also be cut and shaped in a variety of ways as well! (As an added bonus, the sticky junk that holds them to the envelopes can also be used to lightly tack small objects in place on a stick to hold the object for painting).

Here's a sampling of some of the ways the cards can be modified:




Turning the cards into clay texturing/sculpting tools with specialty scissors gives you lots of options.   The tool can be used for creating rough textures or smooth - if you are going for the smooth look, dip the tool in water before using, scrape across the clay a little bit at a time, and wiping off excess clay as necessary.



As always, play, experiment, and have fun!
Thanks for joining me on the blog

I'd love for you to join me for more projects & art adventures on my personal blog
Find me on Facebook, or peruse & ponder pics with me on Pinterest
Connect on Google+ or see what new creations I may have on Etsy



No comments: