Thursday, January 14, 2016

Delight(ful) Stamps

I woke up in the middle of the night with the thought of making stamps with Delight. No doubt not a new idea but that possibility had never dawned on me. So I got out of bed, went to the studio and started making them. One of the things I learned was that if you want straight edges, it is better to cut it before the Delight sets up. Tip is to coat them with matte medium so they don't stain and allows you to wash them off without reconstituting them. And, no, they won't last forever but in a pinch it is a great fun!

SUPPLIES
Delight
Scissors (optional)
Anything that can give you a texture.

I started with a regular rubber stamp. You get a reverse or negative image of the stamp. On all of these, I rolled the Delight flat with a rolling pin before stamping into it.
















I have large sheets of rubber stamps without the wood backing. This one has grunge edges because I wanted to see how that would look. Plus I prefer more grunge than perfection.
















Next, I brought out the Indonesian wood block. This one has a real graphic pattern to it.

















Next, the stencils came out for a creative play day.




Dream in Color,
Darlene Olivia McElroy








1 comment:

SandeeNC said...

Never thought of using a stencil, but great texture!