Friday, May 20, 2016

Travel Tic-Tac-Toe Game

My grand daughters are soon going to be flying cross country from Ohio to California. I thought maybe a new game might be just the thing to help keep them occupied during the long flights, so I made this travel tic-tac-toe game.

I started by rolling out a ball of Creative Paperclay® into a slab. I used square dowels on each side of the clay as gauges so the entire slab was a uniform thickness.

Next, I used canape cutters that I use exclusively for craft projects to cut discs that would become the playing pieces.

Note: I thought the crowns would be cute since this set was going to be for girlie girls, but as it turned out they were too small.

I dried the discs on a drying rack similar to this one that Kerrie tells how to make. After they were dry, it was time to paint them. I used acrylic paints in the girls' favorite colors. When the paint was dry, I sealed the discs with PPA Gloss, an acrylic medium. I just couldn't help myself—I had to add the bling :) which I placed on each disc while the PPA was still wet.

Right now this travel game is packed and ready to go!! California here we come!!

Check out the Tiny Tool Time blog to see how I made the game board.

Carole

No comments: