Tuesday, January 24, 2017

It is all in the Details

Storytelling is a very important aspect of my art as a narrative mixed media artist. Creative Paperclay® helps me tell my stories by being able to cast objects or create stamped shapes. Although I paint the clay, I really love the beauty of it in the raw stage.

SUPPLIES

Art surface
Creative Paperclay®
Acrylic Paints
Molds
Stamps
Foil & Adhesive optional


One wing symbolizes in search of completion. I think we spend our life searching to fill in our stories. Next comes the painting of my clay areas. I start by coating them with polymer medium when they have dried. On the body I applied a gold rub over the blue. The wing was painted then I applied holographic foil to it using adhesive size. That it what the white areas are on the crown.








Next step was to cast more objects. Once they are dry I will clean them up with either my dremel or SandIts then paint them.

Dream in Color

Darlene Olivia McElroy














No comments: