Friday, August 25, 2017

Just Beachy!

Look at my beat up molds. They are very well used. When I have a little time but not enough time to dig into a painting, I cast objects. I have drawers full of them that are ready when needed. Some are created with plain Creative Paperclay® and others are tinted or painted.

I decided to make a beach necklace piece of art today.

SUPPLIES
Creative Paperclay®
Panel or canvas
Acrylic paint
Molds & cast objects
Glue
Aquarium sand (hard to get beach sand in Santa Fe)
 

 I started by applying surface texture to my panel then gluing down cast and found objects to my surface. I gave it a wash of tan over the white and sprinkled sand on it while wet. I actually liked it at this point but I wanted a more colorful beach look.















I applied paint to part of the base and started adding elements for placement. At this point, I sit back and look at it for several days to see if I need to change color, soften the look or if it needs more details.

Dream in Color!

Darlene Olivia McElroy