Friday, October 13, 2017

Revisitation with Creative Paperclay®

I was practicing doing pours on small masonite panels and then wondered how can I use these experiments. As a mixed media artist, nothing goes to waste. Creative Paperclay® to the rescue to create a new piece out of this piece.

SUPPLIES
Creative Paperclay®
Collage elements
Acrylic Paint
Stamp














I rolled out the clay on my surface, stamped into it and trimmed off the excess with an exacto knife. I placed my objects into the clay. These were taken off and the clay allowed to dry. This leaves marks in the clay that show me where to glue and place the elements later.




















I painted it and glued in the collage elements. It is going to be a present to a friend's daughter. For years I have given art to my friends children or great grand children. Starting them on their "collection". One of them took a piece I gave her to collage and now to grad school.

Dream in Color!

Darlene Olivia McElroy