Thursday, October 19, 2017

Scattered Gears Canvas

Hi Creative Paperclay® Fans! jenn here today to show you how I created my "Scattered Gears" canvas using all of the molded embellishments I create using both Creative Paperclay® and Delight® Air dry modeling materials.

I have done a few posts in the past showing how I create molded embellishments with these products. I like to make several and keep them on hand once they are dry.
Today I will show you how I used that stash of pieces and bits to create this amazing little canvas! In addition to the molded embellishments, I also used an array of wooden, chipboard, and metal gears and bits.
Supplies used:
Canvas
Black gesso
Mica Powders
Creative Paperclay® Modeling Material
Delight® air dry modeling compound

Start with a canvas coated with black gesso.
Choose all of your bits and pieces and coat them in black gesso as well.
Arrange pieces on your canvas and glue them all down using a matte gel or other adhesive. For this I used a combination of mica powders and ink sprays in hues of green, blue, and gold. Dry colors in between as you go.
For a nice finish use your finger or a brush and rub Gold wax or Metallic Lustre in raised areas for a nice pop!
Here a few close-ups that show detail and the molded pieces.


 I hope you have enjoyed this post and it inspires you to make something creative with your Creative Paperclay® products! All Creative Paperclay® products can be purchased online HERE. They are also available at your local Michaels, Hobby Lobby, and Joann's stores.
Thank You for viewing today!
Jenn